Destiny: A Guardians Adventure


Destiny: A Guardians Adventure on the Playstation!



Destiny in my mind is one of the best games I have ever played. It's a massive open world online shooter which you can play alone or with friends or randoms online to complete challenges, missions and the famous 6 person raids!!

The game was created by Bungie, the creators of Halo, Destiny was touted to be the next halo, I remember watching the first E3 presentation gameplay being shown and me and my two friends Andrew and Phil were captivated by the video! An online game we could all play and have fun with!!

Destiny is an open world online shooter set in a mystical science fiction world set thousands of years in the future, Humanity was thriving and traveled the galaxy expanding territory and learning new technologies, they met the Traveler, a celestial being of planet size proportions that gave Humanity special powers!! However a Darkness pushed humanity back to Earth and threatened to destroy us!

However the Traveler sacrificed itself to protect us and pushed back the Darkness from whence it came!! Situated on Earth now Humanity built their cities and the Tower beneath the Traveler and started to expand once again. With the death of the Traveler, AI ghosts were created and were sent out into the world to revive you, the guardian to continue Humanities expansion into this massive world!!


The Gameplay above is the same footage I saw with my friends when we watched E3 back in 2013!

Now playing Playstation with my friends we had always wanted a game we could all play online together and chill out with and this was THE game!! From seeing that game play we continued to talk non stop about this game for a whole year!! We talked about the possibilities, what we could do in the game and we dreamed about being Guardians!! We were so enthralled in the game that we all assigned what role we would take when working as a fire team (Team of 3) as we all have unique styles of game play!! Phil loves to be a wizard in other games and claimed the Warlock character, Andrew being a dab hand with a sniper picked up the Hunter character and me, I love to get up close and personal so I became the Armored Titan character!!



We all pre-ordered the game and were online the minute the Beta became available to play for 2 weeks! We loved it and caused terror in the crucible as we leveled our beta characters to the maximum killing other Guardians who like us were eagerly awaiting release date for the full game!!


One year later Me and Phil were at Game in Morfa, Swansea for the Midnight launch, we both picked up our collector packs (With special extras and plastic Ghosts) and both got home and uploaded the game! Me and Phil started the game and played it all night up until 10:00AM the very next day!!

I remember being wired on red bull/ energy drinks and having to stay awake to answer the door for a delivery for my Girlfriend!! (I vaguely remember my girlfriend was meant to go to work but I don't think she felt very well the next morning - probably my fault playing and laughing with Phil online all night!!) I still remember getting into bed at about 11AM after the delivery had come, trying to get to sleep and as I couldn't shut off, got some food and went back on Destiny for a few hours until I needed to sleep!!
Andrew couldn't join us sadly as he was busy with work at the time but joined us shortly after launch night and we continued to play with him and complete story missions with him throughout the weeks and months after!!

During this time we completed the story and all the daily and weekly challenges, Destiny then started having expansions released to lengthen out the story such as in Destiny Year One they dropped "The Dark below" expansion and then "The House Of Wolves" expansion!!
Bungee then released in 2015 the largest expansion "The Taken King"! More recently in 2016 they released the "Rise Of Iron" expansion!!

Now most of the gameplay I completed with Phil and Andrew, but due to Andrew's work, me and Phil progressed further with the game, Phil more so as he progressed further than me playing the game like an addict lol!!
Unfortunately Destiny gets repetitive and after completing House Of Wolves Andrew gave it a break, he returned for The Taken King which he enjoyed but it wasnt enough to keep my friend interested! He has just returned to rise of Iron which he enjoyed and while he may not play it like me and Phil, I will be looking forward to Andrew, my brother from another mother, to join me and my raid team in future!

Now at this point we had not been able to get access to the Raids. The 6 person adventures that you need to work together to complete a challenge!!

During House Of Wolves me and Phil started checking forums to join raids which were mixed so to speak as I don't like talking to people I don't know personally. Fortunately a guy I used to work with at NES( Yes i used to sell loft and cavity wall insulation for Nev Wilshere!!) Pablo asked us to join him and some guys in his new raid team called Bone For Tuna....not our name decision but it was fun as the guys were from Swansea and we had a a laugh with them, playing the raids, getting the mechanics - This was fun for a few months but I found I was spending alot of my free time on Destiny which was affecting me in my personal life so I took a bit of a break from Destiny when we started getting bored of shooting enemies!!

I joined them every now and again throughout The Taken King and we also helped each other during Rise Of Iron but now the Bone For Tuna team have split up!!! I talk to them now and again and if I need any help they're there for me and I'm there for them!!

They helped me complete the very last challenge for the last book before Rise Of Iron started! I had to beat The Kings Fall Raid on Hard, at the time some of my new raid team were not at the right level to complete it!!

For the last 9 months or so I became good friends with friends of a friend and we decided to start a new raid team, we are called DIX!! Debriatus Ignota Xysticus!! but with this team we all work together, have a laugh and complete challenges with each other (Same friends mentioned in my Warhammer blogs)


CHARACTERS
When starting Destiny you are allowed to create 3 unique characters, as mentioned earlier the classes are a Hunter, a Titan and a Warlock! Then you are able to customise them either being 3 different races a Human, an Exo (biorganic creature) or an awoken (Space Elf)! 
When you select which class you are will get 3 sub options With the characters they all have their own special abilities and powers.
 My character without his helmet on looks like an emo Luke Skywalker!! literally Luke Skywalker with black marks under his eyes like an NFL player!!  As mentioned my choice of class has always been the Titan class, the armored space soldier!!
Over 3 years of gaming, I have purely stuck with the one character, but in the last year or so I have slowly started to use my Hunter and Warlock!! I've stockpiled different armour and weapons to let other characters upgrade quicker. Since the new Age Of Triumph book released I have to complete my other 2 characters and do certain events with them. Which I am happy to do and it is nice trying a new style as Im usually up close and personal, with my hunter I'm faster and less armoured and with my warlock I am armored, but recover quicker.










Content
With every expanison has come new equipment, artifacts, spaceships, weapons and vehicles!!

Since the House of Wolves expansion Bungie have a built in records book which allows you to complete challenges to unlock records and to complete books!! I have currently completed the year one and year two books and I am currently working to complete the Year 3 book and Bungie have recently dropped the largest book of all the "Age of Triumph" book!!! The challenge is now to complete the game and collect every piece of equipment from armor, weapons, ghosts, spaceships, sparrow racers etc


Story and Expansions





Destiny 1: You are a Guardian, you must protect the city and its people! Push back the growing Darkness!!


The Dark Below:
Eris Morn has arrived at the Tower, Guardian! She brings grave news a Hive God is awakening. His name is Crota! You must stop him before he returns!!

House Of Wolves:
Queen of the Awoken has asked for your help Guardian, A fallen warrior known as Skolas has rebelled and is calling all Fallen houses to follow him! You must stop this!



The Taken King:
A new evil has appeared Guardian, Oryx, father of Crota, lord of the Taken has come all will flee and he is here for you Guardian....vengeance for his son!!









                                                                                                                                          Rise Of Iron:
A golden age technology has been unearthed Guardian!! SIVA an artificial technological virus is being used by the Fallen, Become an Iron Lord fight back the virus and seal it once and for all!






UPDATE!!

Ive recently completed the Iron Banner challenge and completed more of the Age Of Triumph book!! I am determined to complete it!! Next step is to collect all of the ghosts, the Raids, crucible challenges and complete trophies and collect everything in the game!!!

16/05/2017 Completed the crucible challenges finally for my Titan!! Now to do crucible challenges for my Hunter and Warlock!!
18/05/2017 the big gameplay reveal is today from 10am!! Im stuck in work so will only get to see gameplay on youtube etc after its been played!!

19/05/2017 So day after first bit of Gameplay reveal and wow!! The game looks amazing, slick and very good - A lot of people are saying it is now the game it should have been year 1!! I think it looks far better than Destiny 1 and will be one hell of a game to play. A lot of people are unhappy about us only getting 1 Super BUT the fact that we lose all our loot and SUPER's is tied in with the story!!

I get people are frustrated BUT this game series has been in development since 2010, the first game launched in 2014 and since the nwe have had loads of free content and payed for 4 expansions - first 2 expansions were not amazing but the last 2 have been filled with content and furthered the story!
The story takes a turn now where you have been defeated by Ghaul, the light has been taken!! your loot is gone!! The Tower destroyed, you as a guardian must find new powers, new weapons and take the fight to Ghaul....or Gary!!
Hell people we only had 1 Super on Destiny 1 before the expansions!! Im very excited about playing the game and getting to Destiny 2 which I will complete with my Bro's and raid team and as it turns out the new match making system for Raids and events will make it easier for everyone to play the raids!!!
Might have to change our raid name from DIX!! DLLorenzo's Dogs Of War??

To be honest the best things to come out of Destiny 2, potentially 2 of my friends will be joining the world fo Destiny and more new adventures and stories!! It's going to be bigger,better and the game the Destiny community deserves!!!

As I said to my girlfriend yesterday, I've been playing destiny since day one September 9th 2014, 3 years of playing it and Im not stopping. Its the best game Ive played as you can play it alone or with randoms or with your friends!! I have preordered it and hope all my friends do and I will see you all in the Beta!!



Destiny 2: September 9th 2017!!


Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

What can I say I am excited by this upcoming release!! I have played this game series for 3 years since it dropped in September 2014. Its a major change to the story, its meant to be on a bigger scale, more content, new weapons, new characters - The Guardians online are excited but a few are dubious whether it will be good!!
Your character was meant to be coming with you for the next 10 years this was the premise with Destiny - that is still the case but we will leave all the Armour, equipment and powers back in Destiny 1 as we now move on to Destiny 2 a brand new story, new armor, new weapons and a brand new world to discover!!

I've preordered the game already, some of my team have and even Andrew as we eagerly await the first gameplay footage and the beta in July!!

Comments