Warhammer My Story Part 9 Your Mother was a Warhammer!

The reason for the title this month is because I was laughing and talking with a friend, trying to come up with names for the titles and I always remember the moment in the movie Short Circuit where Johnny 5 the sentient robot pranks one of the other SAINT robots and shouts out "Hey laser lips, your mother was a snow blower"! I added Warhammer!!




Hello and Welcome to Part 9!!! Your Mother was a Warhammer!! Great way to start a blog is with an insult ahahahahaha!!

I've been super busy lately with work, NVQ, Interviews etc. Havent done much Warhammer but there has been lots going on in the world of Warhammer!!! Im currently rebuilding the Kroxigors and I am in conversation with Games Workshop (The old GW) to get a replacement pack of Kroxicrocodileeees!! I have also been and bought a Feldherr carry case!!! Review coming this blog!!! I have been to a food festival, went to a quiz night and one a free month gym pass!! got Claire's family staying over on the weekend 16/06, then a wedding!!
Booked our holidays for the end of September!!! Bulgaria, cheap, fun and sunny hopefully!!

Further to that I now have a new job which I will start in the next month or so!! Im so excited but also gutted I am leaving my team in the current situation.MORE NEXT BLOG!!

WARHAMMER!


As touched upon I've had issues with my Kroxigors I ordered from GW. The arms do not fit and even when shaving it down does not fit with the model. A friend of mine recommended I send them an email and I am currently in communication with GW about replacement parts or replacement models!!


40K is gathering a storm!! From the new campaign to the new models, everyone is excited for 40k and a lot of the Warhammered have started eyeing up 40k models and building armies and getting preorders in!! Quite a few of the guys will have Space Marines!! For the Emperor!! As mentioned I'm thinking of getting the Dark Imperium box, it will have to be after my holidays in September!! Ultramarines and Death Guard!!! To start me on the new warhammer 40k with awesome new models!!! Started geeking out watching Duncan paint the Nurgle Lord Of Corruption and then the new Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour!!! proper geek out!!
Everytime I watch Duncan paint it makes me look at my models and go!! thin those paints!!Plans so far is Dark Imperium box + death guard green spray and Macragge blue spray!! Assemble the army then spray them all basecoat done and ready!! Follow Duncan's methods on Warhammer TV absolutely amazing!!!

Check out this awesome blog: http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/review-look-at-warhammer-40k-8th.html

Im going to try finish and paint my Seraphon before I go and buy the Dark Imperium box!! To be honest I've got loads of Seraphon Im not adding to them till at least I've finished painting my current models and I NEED to get back to painting them!!

When eventually it happens plans so far is Dark Imperium box + death guard green spray and Macragge blue spray!! Assemble the army then spray them all basecoat done and ready!! Follow Duncan's methods on Warhammer TV absolutely amazing!!!


I bought a Feldherr case!!! £31 on Amazon!! Beautiful case but I dont think the foam is big enough for my models!!! I've got freaking lizards with long tails and pole weapons!! More Next Blog!


Been re-reading Nightbringer by Graham Mcneil, a book I bought at least 10-15 years ago when I first started painting Spacemarines. A brilliant story to get in to Warhammer 40k, an Ultramarine story and a reason why I've always just wanted to paint Ultramarines!! The Ultramarines are called to the Imperial planet Pavonis which is currently dealing with political wars and an ancient enemy plans and watches the chaos from the background!!

Getting a small 500 point game of Warhammer 40k in Sunday 25/06 which should be good.

Roath Street Food Festival

Went to Cardiff for the Roath Street food festival on the 10/06 which was awesome really loved the food. For the review please check my new food blog!!
Highly recommend if there's a food festival near you check it out!! I love them as you get to try new types of food, snacks and drinks!!



E3 Entertainment Expo Extravaganza!!!

So recently in Los Angeles, they held the very popular E3!! Every year at this convention games, trailers, consoles and new equipment are announced to the gaming masses!! Last year they revealed the Nintendo Switch and this year a new console was revealed the Xbox One X!!


**WARNING SPOILERS**

EA: Anthem, A Way Out, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Need For Speed: Payback, Madden NFL 18, Fifa 18, NBA Live 18.
EA always have a great conference and it was the same again. So excited for Star Wars Battlefront 2 as they showed a live multiplayer stream of the game which looks fantastic! Anthem looks like the next BIG game for EA and everyone is asking questions about it. A Way Out looks intriguing and different. Like to see more gameplay. Usual yearly sports games releases.

MICROSOFT/XBOX: Xbox One X (new Console), Crackdown 3, Forza 7, Sea Of Thieves, Ori and the will of the wisp, State Of Decay 2, Dragonball Fighters Z.
A new console which should have kept the name Xbox Scorpio, overpriced and I dont think it will sell aswell as its previous model. Forza 7 looks amazing as usual and Sea Of Thieves looked interesting. Dragonball Fighters Z looked like an awesome brawler in the form of Tekken and street fighter with manga artwork!

BETHESDA: Dishonoured: Death Of The Outsider, Doom VR, Fallout 4 VR, Skyrim (Nintendo Switch), The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.
A few new games and some new VR additions from Bethesda, Dishonoured is a good series and this new release is adding more to the story! The Evil Within 2 looked genuinely scary and Wolfenstein 2 looked awesome!!

UBISOFT: Assassins Creed Origins, Far Cry 5, Skull and Bones, The Crew 2, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Just Dance 2018
I like Ubisoft games but was not amazed by Assassins Creed Origins. It is early days and will watch more gameplay...still havent completed Black Flag!! Far Cry 5 looked interesting and Skull and Bones is basically the ship parts from Blackflag!! Pleasantly surprised by the Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer with its gangsta Monkey!!

SONY:  Destiny 2, Days Gone, Spider-Man, God Of War, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Detroit: Become Human, Shadow Of The Colossus (Remake), Monster Hunter World, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Call Of Duty WW2.
I'm a Playstation Gamer and I enjoyed Playstation's conference, not too many words from presenters but loads of gameplay and reveals. Cannot wait for Destiny 2, God Of War looks good and Spider-Man looked amazing!

NINTENDO: Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid 4, Mario Odyssey, Rocket League.
Bright, funny and good gameplay from Nintendo, only saw the major trailers.

OTHER GAMES: Kingdom Hearts 3,Metro Redux.

Personal Thoughts on E3: It was a good E3, I did enjoy some of the conferences I watched half of the Microsoft conference, the Ubisoft conference, Bethesda conference and the Playstation conference! The Xbox One X..stupid name and stupid prices!! Only good things to come from Microsoft, in my opinion, was Anthem gameplay footage and Dragonball Fighter Z!  Beyond Good and Evil 2 we can only hope its good as all we saw was a cgi intro.

The Sony conference was good and just focused on their upcoming games. God Of War, Monster Hunter World, Destiny 2 and Spider-Man which I am really looking forward to play!!



On pre-order I have Anthem, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Spider-Man!! More maybe added to my list but I've got to wait and see what happens. I like to watch gameplay then review.


Kingdom Hearts 3!! Give me a date Square Enix!!! I've waited for this game ever since I played Kingdom Hearts 2!! I may play other recent Kingdom Hearts releases if we still dont get a date soon!


I am waiting for more news on Games Woorkshops Spacehulk Deathwing to be released on console! This is tipped to be released later this year!!


2017 Should be a good year for games and 2018 is looking even better so far. Cant wait to review some of the upcoming games!! Destiny 2 I cant wait for and expect a review first weekend it drops as I'm off!!! Then Star Wars Battlefront 2 drops in November ready for Star Wars Episode 8!!

Back to the Man-Cave/Office/Games Room!!

Ok thought I'd start a new section of my blogs to continue to give you guys updates on whats happening with my models, games etc. I had started doing little updates about painting work and thought I'd bring it back to try and invigorate myself to paint. GarageHammer have a similar section called the Toolbox and HeelanHammer have the War Room!! DLLorenzo has his Man Cave/ Bat Cave! My own inner sanctum!!

Putting it bluntly I've got all of my Seraphon to paint and finish!! They're all far from complete and after watching Duncan's painting on Warhammer TV it has reignited my passion to paint better!!
My current full army list: 1x Slann Starmaster, 1x Oldblood on carnosaur, 1x Engine Of The Gods, I Eternity warden, 3x Kroxigors, 10x Skinks, 15x Saurus Guard, 15x Saurus Warrior, 8xSaurus Knights, 1x Bastilladon and 3x Terradons.
All are in a state of being built or half painted. Bases will be done when painting is complete! Actually had to tell myself even though the new Dark Imperium box looks sooooooo good!! I need to finish the models I've got left otherwise they will remain unfinished!!
Need to sort the GW email too to resolve my issue with the Kroxigors!

Im thinking of podcasting and also creating a youtube gaming channel. I've had this idea for a while as my blogging has become something I enjoy doing I've also enjoyed listening to podcasts and have things Id love to say on them!! Probably same stuff I geek about on here but you lovely people get to hear me and my funny!! My Batman voice is awesome!!
A Youtube channel would be amazing as I love video games and talking about them!! Im not the best gamer but I'd like to think I can hold my own in a game and in conversations concerning games!!

I've currently got Anthem, Destiny 2, Spider-Man and Star Wars Battlefront 2 on preorder with GAME Morfa, Swansea! I am buying the Crash Bandicoot remake as a little celebration present to myself.


I am currently back drawing which is nice and I am trying to get some of my projects I have been doing for years off the ground! Got 2 canvasses (Captain America with TMNT and a Wonder Woman) to do for a friend and I just need to get back into my art and my stories!! Trying to finally write a brilliant one shot for Undead Hero!!

Currently hooked on Netflix at the moment, blitzing Big Bad Beetle borgs (cheesy very 90's), the Sharknado series (Just finished 2 sooo bad) AND Iroman Armoured Adventures (20 min episodes not bad) While also trying to watch Restaurant Impossible and complete Destiny and other games.

Hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed geeking out. Any questions contact me!!
 DLLorenzo signing off!!

 

Comments