Destiny 2 Review


Destiny 2....Finally!!!

Destiny 2 has finally dropped!! The game we have all been waiting for!! A brilliant upgrade/sequel to the original Destiny. Now on nextgen consoles PS4, Xbox One and Pc Bungie have made a brilliant game that I will have the joy of playing for the next few years (fingers crossed)!!!

Last few days have been mad but I will explain my last two days since Destiny 2 launched!! I went to the midnight launch at GAME Morfa in Swansea. Turned up at 11:00 and met Phil, Chris and Abi, waited in the pre-payed queue for the midnight release talking about Destiny and more!
Thankfully Game were organised and got us in a line up to the back of the shop to pick up our orders!

First in line from the DIX, I was given my limited edition copy of the game with my Cayde-7 figurine and grabbed 2 free posters, Hunter and Titan respectfully! Literally thanked GAME staff said goodbye to Phil, Chris and Abi and ran out of the store to my Car and home!



After obtaining the game I rushed home to install the game, trying to be quiet to not awake my girlfriend and joined a few of my friends in a group chat while waiting for the game to install. Being the first to install I played the first few story missions and tried to keep quiet and not spoil anything for my friends!! Some were only staying up to install the game but some were going to playlike us for a few hours. The idea was to try stay awake and play the game.


 Only drama of the night was that Phil who had bought the expensive collectors edition returned home to find there was no disk in the box!!  He had to go back to GAME to pick it up! Fingers crossed this doesnt happen again to anyone!
Apparently GAME staff were meant to put a disk in to the box, which is ridiculous as it should all be in a self contained box like the first collectors edition! 



So if you dont know about Destiny, in an alternate universe Earth was visited by the Traveller a giant celestial orb that travelled the galaxy finally stopping on Earth granting the people there the ability to revive and gave them powers to fight the growing darkness.

It is understood that the Traveller was chased by the darkness and had shielded Earth with its last effort! Standing silent watching the humans and artificial ghosts created by its power.

You play as a Guardian, armed with abilities and weapons you venture out from the safety of the Tower, to claim back the lands from the enemies of Earth.

 (Please check my Destiny: A Guardians Adventure review**)
 
Basically if you never played Destiny 1, you will get a quick walk through the story of Destiny 1 then you will be able to create a new character and start your adventure in Destiny 2. If your a veteran of the first game Bungie recorded when you did special main story events and challenges keeping a record of the date you completed it AND the fireteam who you worked with to complete the adventure!! I think that was an amazing personal touch by Bungie! I hope Bungie continues to work with their fans and continue to make amazing games!


If you've read my Destiny blog, you'll understand that my main character is and always will be a Titan, Im the first to a fight and last to leave it, love to get up close and personal when I can! But with Destiny 2 I will be using the other characters and getting them levelled up as soon as possible so that I can use them aswell as my Titan but also to get the trophies sooner! Basically within 3 years I only used my Titan, it was only in the last year of Destiny I spent time as a Hunter and Warlock!!





So going back to the launch night, I managed to get into the game first before everyone else completing the first few story missions and trying not to spoil anything for my friends. I kept on playing up until 4:30am with Phil!!! We had managed to get to the water covered planet Titan, where humanity now continued on giant structures high above the huge ocean waves!

At 4:30am me and Phil were the only ones still awake and by then we were tired and where barely communicating apart from grunts to signify loot chests and enemies!! We called it a night and I fell asleep in the office! Claire woke up at 5am as she could not sleep and as she got ready for work, I transferred from the couch to the bed and was unconscious till 08:30am, where upon awakening I made myself a hot cup of green tea and proceeded to jump back into the world of Destiny 2!! #Addict #Got problems.

I love the new Supers for the Titan, Hunter and Warlock! I have only tried the Titan's new Sentinel Super which I love!! Space Purple Captain America Yeah!! Throwing the shield is one of the highlights of the game!! 

I am actually glad I did the midnight launch and will be definetly doing the next destiny related launch with friends and my clan hopefully in future!!

I played the game throughout the day taking breaks to get food and watch some Netflix. Thursday I was out most of the morning getting my car fixed but returned to playing Destiny when I got home! I got to level 20 on Thursday afternoon  and completed the main story campaign! The story was brilliant and cannot wait for the next release in November/December when the DLC drops!

 The story and the lore is interesting and a lot of things have been mentioned online. Hype for the next DLC has already started and the rumours are circling!!

I have a lot more to do with Destiny 2 and I have managed to complete some of the trophies with my team. Now when I finish this review it is Monday 11/09 and the Raid is about to drop Wednesday!! The enitre DIX team is excited and cannot wait!!

**Once you hit level 20 more content is unlocked and opened for you**


                                                                     
OVERALL REVIEW

This game had long been anticipated and many thousands of Guardians were looking forward to jumping back into the Destiny world! Me being one of them shared an interest to see this new story, the new worlds, the weapons etc!! I havent been dissapointed as Destiny 2 has dropped with lots of content and is significantly better than Destiny 1! Better graphics, better content and a far better more in depth story!!
There's a reason why they have only brough Destiny 2 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
I may have completed the main story campaign but I havent finished the game, since completing there are mssions, strikes, challenges, nightfalls, exotic weapons and other extras unlocked to complete and test myself against!! Furthermore the raid known as the Leviathan will open on the 13/09!!

I DLLorenzo give Destiny 2, a 5/5!! Lots of content! Amazing visuals and even more content and story on the horizon! Bungie keep doing what you do and make Destiny the best video game series!! I will continue to play it as I enjoy the world and its lore!!


Please comment and tell me what you think Guardians?


Comments