Aquaman Review by DLLorenzo

Aquaman Review by DLLorenzo







So recently went with the girlfriend to check out the latest DC movie universe movie Aquaman! Directed by renowned horror movie director James Wan.


"My father was a lighthouse keeper. My mother was a queen. But life has a way of bringing people together. They made me what I am".


Aquaman is a good solid comic book superhero movie, now I was one of those people who didn't know how DC and Warner Bros would approach this movie, for all purposes Aquaman has been a bit of a jokey character for years for being able to swim underwater and talk to fish, but Jason Momoa has brought depth to this character.

We first saw him appear in Batman Vs Superman albeit only a few seconds on a clip where he shoots off underwater and we saw him during the Justice League movie and he came across as a bit more hands off-ish and not bothered by the situations around him. I feel he came across in Justice League a little bit jokey shouting "My Man" but it also gave us hope that the guy now know as Aqua-bro may be a force in his own rights!








This is where in Aquaman, Jason Momoa has been able to work with the character more get a better understanding of that characters situation and James Wan, the director, has been allowed to create this vast untapped universe under the sea!


Aquaman is a fun filled ride under the sea with great visual effects, the story and script isn't overly strong or complicated but the charm of the characters make up for this. The action scenes are a big part of this movie and all the scenes are amazing, some say this is the best directed DCEU movie so far!


Orm / OceanMaster was actually a decent villain for a DCEU movie and you actually kind of understood where he was coming from, it kind of followed the comic book storyline and was a visually amazing fight between them both. I also really liked how Black Manta was introduced and his story and I feel people sympathised with him more and I've read a lot of people want to see more of him in future movies.......looks like we may see him as the next big villain for Aquaman if there is a sequel.





















Overall I think Aquaman is the best DCEU movie currently, its funny and filled with amazing visual effects and brilliant fighting scenes as James Wan has created an amazing underwater universe! Aquaman unlike other DCEU movies knows what its trying to do and its not trying to be a Marvel movie! This is where DC and Warner Brothers need to focus on creating good fun movies like this with their own attitude and atmosphere.


Aquaman has that fun relaxed vibe where say for example the upcoming Shazam will be fun and frantic while The Batman when that is finally done should be dark and brutal!


4/5 from DLLorenzo, Aquaman is a fun action filled ride that makes it look like a Star Wars under the sea with superpowers! Highly recommend it!









"I’m no leader. I came because I have no choice. I came to save my home, and the people that I love".

Comments